Addis Ababa, November 30, 2019 (FBC) – The Council of Ministers this morning approved Ethiopia’s new draft investment law.
According to Abebe Abebayehu, Ethiopian Investment Commissioner, the draft law aims to achieve the following key objectives:
• modernize the investment regulatory and administrative framework,
• align the investment legal regime with recent changes in economic policy priorities,
• consolidate protracted rules and regulations on investment
• consolidate and rationalize the investment incentives regime
• revisit investment areas open to the private sector
• adopt best practices for efficient investment administration/service provision, including One-Stop-Services and
• devise a faster and more transparent investor grievance handling mechanism
The Council referred the draft law to the House of peoples’ Representatives for approval.